Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

The Good GirlThe Good Girl by Mary Kubica
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh boy, what a book! I haven't read a mystery / thriller in a while and it was a great change of pace. Very impressed that it was this author's debut book, and I am sure it won't be the last I read of her work.I am not sure why people are thinking this book is similar to Gone Girl, I can only assume that it is because there is Girl in the title.

This is a story about trust, betrayal, love and families. There are multiple POV's which is written very well to keep you guessing and interested in all the characters. Some of the plot is predictable, like Eve's relationship with her husband, but other plots are going to keep you guessing right till the very end. I had a couple of theories floating around, and only one I got right.

This book was recommended for us to read in a book club that I belong to, and each and every one of us was happy with the outcome and loved the book.


Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...