Monday 17 August 2015

Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first read by Jill Shalvis, an author recommended by a friend. I found this a good, easy reading but satisfying kind of book. It had just the right amount of angst, heat and depth you want from a read. The book centres on the Kincaid family who own a mountain resort, trying to make ends meet whilst juggling multiple jobs and roles. Aiden is the glue between the family, working for search and rescue, fire and the resort. He saves people for a living but works far too hard to have a relationship. That is, until Lily returns, the young woman who left and hurt him a decade ago. Lily is in no fit state to start up anything new or trust anyone.

I really enjoyed the setting for the books, being a mountain/climber fan it was good to have this in the backdrop, but anyone would appreciate the setting. These two had a connection that made great reading. I also appreciated the unpredictability of the storyline, I thought it was going in one direction, but the author took another. I will definitely look for Jill Shalvis' books again.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RCZLQIIW0IQMT/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...