Monday 13 July 2015

A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


A Million Miles AwayA Million Miles Away by Lara Avery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This read crashed into my world and sucked me in whole. I devoured the book and wished for more reading time. I've never heard of Lara Avery before but the blurb on netgalley intrigued me and I was not disappointed.

Michelle and Kelsey are 17 year old twins, they've drifted in their closeness in their teens as they're so different. One a dancer, one an artist. Kelsey has a long term boyfriend, Michelle falls in and out of love regularly. Michelle has met Peter, who is about to go to Afghanistan on his first tour. Michelle is killed in a car accident on her way home from taking him to the airport. Kelsey is left without her other half and has no way to get in touch with Peter. When he skypes Michelle, she finds it impossible to tell him. What plays out in Kelsey's life and relationship is compelling. There are terrible secrets but there is also love.

This book was a breath of fresh air to read, YA at it's very best. How the story grew, developed and played out had me guessing, unsure and worried for the characters. Lara Avery wrote eloquently and I look forward to more from her.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3P9FMDOWYTSF0/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...