Wednesday 22 July 2015

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

ForbiddenForbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is forbidden love at it's darkest. I knew there would be discomfort going into reading it, but I was greatly surprised by the sympathy I felt for the connection between Lochlan and Maya. Lochlan is 18 and Maya a year behind, they together care for their three younger siblings. Their mother has excited the family for a new relationship but the family is desperate to remain under the social services radar and stay together. I found the narrative of this neglected family difficult reading, it pulled desperately on my mothering instincts . The burden that these two older siblings had to carry was immense and it was inevitable that their life experience would screw them up. Lochlan and Maya's friendship was deeper than the newer connection they had and I felt that it was quite beautiful.

Where this story went filled me with such sadness, to the point that I wanted to disengage with the remaining portion of the book. However, I continued but felt a lack of satisfaction with such a awful outcome. I can say that his book made me read to the detriment of other things in my life. The author describes this family and their life in a very engaging way. Her decision to end the book at the point she did was difficult for me because I needed more of the future. I would recommend reading this book but read the blurb carefully so that you know what you're getting into.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R12FYYDK0A106Y/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...