Tuesday 7 July 2015

King by T.M. Frazier

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

King (King, #1)King by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have anticipated this book for months now and it did not disappoint. This is a dark read of twisted love in a raw criminal backdrop. There's something about King, the ex-con, newly released from prison that just makes you drool for his total bad boy-ness. In some books, the bad boy shows a redeemable nature but don't expect anything from King that isn't gutter-mouthed criminal. Doe is a young woman of indeterminable age who is amnesic after a car accident. She's malnourished, without finances when King keeps her for payment of a debt. She isn't exactly a willing guest. Doe sees something in this tight threesome of friends but especially in King. One of the things I loved about this book was Preppie, King's best friend from childhood, he's a screw-up too but shows friendship to Doe when she needs it.

This book has a brutal storyline, but not once did I know where it was going, and just near the end when I could see the chips begin to fall, the fell in a completely different pattern. Good writing, gritty dialogue and an original storyline. I am in great anticipation of Tyrant and can I just say those covers are something quite wonderful - tasteful torso!

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R24ASI2O3XTDU9/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...