Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sins Of September by Andrea Smith

REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney


Sins of SeptemberSins of September by Andrea Smith writing as Graysen Blue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Twelve months in a year and the most common name given using the months of the year would be, June. Many Junes are born in June LOL. Confused, Oh I am only just beginning.
The main character in this book was born in September and guess what her name is? Yes, September. Well it's certainly unique. In all fairness when reading this story the name suits her. She's beautiful and bright like a summers day. Oh how poetic of me.
I did not want to put this book down, it captured me from the very first page. Imagine not knowing something but thinking you know and then thinking 'NO WAY!! LOL. Well this book had me thinking all sorts. What is right?, What is wrong? Who makes those decisions? it's a minefield of P's. Let me explain.
First off you have all probably heard the word 'TABOO' before, it means Prohibited which in basic terms means forbidden. Well the circumstances in this book are definitely frowned upon and people will judge but it's not forbidden by any law. Second 'P' Principle meaning a moral code of conduct, yes folks I've been chewing up my dictionary today just for you guys. So some people will have principles and stick to them BUT has love ever come into it because let's face it when our hearts are involved all rational thought is out the window. Third 'P' Private, something you do not want made public knowledge and believe when I say the other main character in this book, Jesse does not want anyone finding out. Jesse also brings me to my fourth 'P' Protector this can mean defender, guardian. When we say guardian we tend to think of parents and as parents we are protectors. You all still with me? My final 'P' is Promise, such an easy word to say but has a very heavy meaning. When I say this book promises to open your eyes and drop your jaw, I mean it.
Not everyone has the same lifestyle, it's what makes us all different. September has not had the happy family environment that so many take for granted. Her mother, Libby left when she was so young leaving her and her four year old sister, Scout behind. Jesse is Scout's biological dad but not September's.
Jesse was completely in love with Libby, the only woman he has ever loved has up and left. Things are tough but he looks after Scout well. Leaving September with her grandparents. He ripped her heart out and was totally unaware. September has always felt like she never belonged and God only knows who her real father is or where he is.
One summer, years later Jesse asks September if she would like to stay with him, help out with Scout. Earning her some extra money.
Turning nineteen her life is about to change FOREVER.
Now try not to be to judgemental till you have read the complete story. Not everyone can find happiness with the boy next door. Oh which reminds me, Jesse's neighbour, Casey, what a conniving, spiteful woman she is. Not that I condone violence but that woman needs a slap. Who wants to know more? Well I am not telling, I can not begin to tell you how much I am bursting to give you all the details about this book but I can't. YOU NEED TO READ! I am off to read book two in this series and I can't wait. My final note is to the Author Andrea Smith. OMG! Woman you really know how to write an EPIC book. THANK YOU.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...