Friday 3 July 2015

The Debt & The Doormat by Laura Barnard

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

The Debt & The DoormatThe Debt & The Doormat by Laura Barnard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I asked my book buddies to recommend a funny book because I was sick in bed and needed a lift. This is what they told me to read. What a treasure! And lift my spirits it did. I am an Aussie, so the British humor is just up my alley, it's very dry and extremely funny. I was laughing out loud so many times, I nearly spilt my tea!

I just loved Poppy. She is a Bridget Jones type character that unfortunately bad luck follows her everywhere she goes. And it is hilarious. She has a BFF in Jazz who is her polar opposite, but just as funny. Jazz has the idea to swap houses, so she can save money to pay off her debt. Poppy is not totally convinced, but being a "doormat", she goes along with it. Jazz's flat mates, Grace, Izzy and Ryan are a bit shocked, but accept her into their fold. Crazy things will keep you entertained with this book. Some will think the relationship with Poppy and Ryan is a bit annoying, but I didn't. I felt that Poppy was the one who was unsure and gave mixed signals to poor Ryan. But alls well, that ends well, and this finishes brilliantly.

I would highly recommend this book for an entertaining read.

Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...